Monday, November 5, 2012

Happy November

Holy smokes - sorry I have been MIA.  I was sick for a week straight and just as I was rallying and feeling better, Noah came down with something nasty.  He had a fever of 103 - 104.6 for a solid 4 days.  Scared the crap out of me.  Poor guy felt awful!  He had tonsillitis!  Can you believe that?  I didn't know babies could get tonsillitis!  So, needless to say, we've been in survival mode around here for the past couple of weeks.  So today, I'm 3 cups of coffee down and giving you a bunch of randomness.  Enjoy.

1. Speaking of being sick.  Noah is on antibiotics for a week, morning and night.  And since my lost brain cells never returned after pregnancy brain . . . remembering whether or not I've given him a dose in the morning and night is more cumbersome than one might think.  So, we do this.  Make two columns for AM and PM, and a row for each day, check when you give a dose.


2. What did you guys dress up as for Halloween!?  Noah was on day one of his fever but he perked up around 5 that night so we went ahead and put him in his costume.  Noah and J dressed up as 1920's pilots and I was Rosie the Riveter.  We went over to Grandpa and Grandma's and took a group picture with the cousins, and that was about all the little man could handle.  I'm glad we dressed up, though!




3. Went to a beautiful wedding this weekend and had a great time with the family at the reception.  Danced the night away with my love and took cute pictures with my seesters.


4. Jordan spent the weekend making a sign that is SO fun.  Really brings out the Poke fan in me!  It's not quite finished but here is a sneak peak.  I love that my husband is becoming so crafty, er, manly and good with tools.  He doesn't know it yet, but I have a Pinterest board filled with handmade wood projects for him to build me.



5. Have any of you voted early this year?  Noah, Jordan and I are heading down tomorrow.  Can't wait!  I still vividly remember the night of the election in 2008.  I was at Wayne and Val's and we stayed up late that night watching the inauguration.  Such an iconic election year. And now, 4 years later, so much has changed.  Both good and bad.  I hope you all take the time to vote tomorrow.  We are blessed to live in a country to speak our minds and make a difference!

6. Have you guys ever had a recipe swap?  We started one between the sister-in-laws and it's been really fun seeing the recipes come in!  Our goal was to each share 5 go-to recipes.  I shared the following:
  • Prosciutto & Asparagus Pasta (posted on the blog last week)
  • My take on Spaghetti (use whole wheat rotini instead of spaghetti noodles and swap 3/4 of the hamburger for spicy sausage instead.  Roast cherry tomatoes in the oven for your sauce, add mushrooms and chopped peppers, top with fresh grated parmesan cheese)
  • Chicken & Edamame with Orange Ginger Dressing - yummy & light
  • Crock Pot Beef carnitas tacos - so good the meat just falls apart, melts in your mouth!
  • Tuscan Sausage Soup - a great fall staple
  • Cabbage and Italian Sausage with Angel Hair - one of J's new favs
7. Does anyone have some kind of hidden secret on how to change a crib sheet without losing your mind?  Is this not the hardest thing ever?  What our morning looked like:



(The adorable embroidery hoop was a gift from Mimi, the giraffe a Jellycat from Anthro, the quilt was handmade by Grandma Cindy, and the print was designed by Larissa Kay Designs.)

8. Hope the time change didn't mess with you too much this weekend.  I know this is over-said but . . . whoever thought of daylight savings clearly did not have children.

9. Happy Monday, happy November, and have a good week!

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment