Tuesday, October 16, 2012

On Weather

It was one of the warnings I was given before moving to Casper.  You know how WINDY it is there, right?  Yes, wusses.  How bad it could it be?

Well.  I retract what I said.  Got my first dose of the wind today, and it went a little something like this.

Walked outside, where I almost immediately lost my scarf in the wind.  Somehow it came unraveled around my neck in the midst of me carrying Noah, a diaper bag, a blueberry waffle, my wallet, and a coffee mug in attempts to get out the door.

Came home from our little rendevouz only to find the front door wide open.  I of course panicked.  Clearly someone has robbed us of all our belongings and is waiting inside for me with a knife.  I left Noah in the car to take a quick tour of the house, unarmed, ready to be attacked.  Only to come to the more rational realization that wind has in fact blown the door open. 

And finally, was cleaning up debris outside (I'm not kidding) when I found pieces of our flag pole in the yard.  I look at the side of our house where our flag used to be, to see pieces of the base still attached to the house.  What the heck, people!  The flag, the pole, are GONE.  I drove around the block a few times thinking I was going to find the flag but to no avail.

Now, you may think this is where I drown in my sorrows and whine to you all.  No, no.  I am happy inside enjoying my 4th cup of coffee relishing in days like the ones below.




Hope the weather is treating you better where you all are.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment